Thursday, November 10, 2011

Burnt Out


I was only going to go in to the day care one day this week. On Sunday I emailed my supervisor to let her know that I would only be in on Monday this week because I had an exam in History class on Tuesday and I was going to take the extra time to make sure I was prepared.
Then there was a change in plans. On Monday I was making one of those instant lunch things. I boiled water in the microwave in a mug and as I was walking over to pour it into the cup I ended up spilling it on my hand. OUCH!!! Someone helped me get some ice on it. I just kind of stood there for a bit crying, because I didn’t know what to do. At one point I looked up and saw a tour group there, I think I might have scared them off. I went up to my room to a bit before I decided that I needed to go to PUSH. Right away the nurses got to me they asked a few general questions then got my hand wrapped up and gave me some pain killers. They sent me off with a prescription crème to heal my hand. After a few hours the burn calmed down to where I could handle it. Within the next day or so my hand felt fine. Just a little blistered. Ended up missing one math class, and the daycare of course.
I was very glad that I started taking pictures for my digital poster last week. If I hadn’t I would be feeling a bit behind right now.
I was supposed to take a history test on Tuesday but ended up waiting until today so it would be easier to write with. Even with the extra study time don’t feel like I did very well.
So, a little bit of an unplanned surprise and very glad that this week is almost over. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alyssa,
    I can totally relate to the stressed out feelings. My past week was crazy with three exams in addition to other homework and this poster deal. I think I might have been able to enjoy the project more if only I had a bit more time to spend on it. I'm so sorry about your hand! That sounds extremely painful but it's great that you decided to go to PUSH instead of just trying to heal it yourself. I feel like a lot of students, including myself, decide that they don't have time to go to PUSH when they're sick or hurt and try to deal with it themselves. Which is pretty dumb I know...
    I hate that feeling where you feel like everything just goes wrong at the same time! I think it's awesome that you took your own original pictures to use on your digital poster, I never even thought to do that! But just keep your head up and remember that break is just around the corner! I hope that your hand feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete