Friday, November 4, 2011

Exciting Fall Week!


On Monday I asked the teacher what the policy is on pictures because I wanted to take some of the kids for my digital poster. She said that would be fine as long as none of them are used on the Internet.
This week part of the room was set up with pumpkins. The teacher read a book about carving pumpkins and then carved one so the kids could see it. They even put a candle in it for a minute to show the glowing! Then they made their own paper jack o’ lanterns. There was a stand set up where the kids could “sell” the pumpkins to each other. They even had the actual mini pumpkins for the kids to play with. Also, there was a place where they could rake up fake leaves. I am always amazed with the cool ways that they set the room up.
I also got some extra volunteering in this week as I went in on Wednesday because they were going on a field trip and needed some extra help. I was a little worried about it because I still had homework to be done and an exam later that day but I am very glad I went it was a fun and good experience. Some parents came in to pull wagons also. We put all of the children in wagons and pulled them over to Squirrel Park. On they way they got to stop a few times and pick up a pine cone, some leaves, walnuts and other nature things that they found interesting. Once they were there they got to play on both of the play grounds for a little bit before having a snack and heading back to the daycare. On the way back one of the children whose parent had come along decided that they were not ready to go back. The boy jumped out of the wagon and was not going to get back in. It took about 10 minutes of his mom and the teacher coaxing him to get him to come back with us. Over all a very good day for all of the children! 

No comments:

Post a Comment