Friday, October 14, 2011

A Small Mix Up


FALL BREAK was wonderful! It was great to see my family and relax at home for a few days.
At the end of last week I had finally turned in all of my paperwork and testing to the daycare center.
Service wise this week started way easy. Since I usually do my service on Monday’s and Tuesday’s I didn’t have any days this week to go in to the center. I thought maybe if I was going to have extra time I would go in Thursday but would wait until Wednesday to decide. When I got up Wednesday morning for class I checked my email. I had one from the director of the center. She was informing me that she had received all of my paperwork. Also wondering when I would like to start and with what group of students I would like to work with. I was confused because I have been volunteering all along. Apparently I wasn’t supposed to be.
I was worried because I didn’t want to get anyone in trouble. I had been told with two groups combining this year there were some communication issues. This was obviously the case here. I was turning in paperwork to one person and setting up service time with another. Before replying I got advice from Cody on how to proceed.
I ended up saying that there must have been some communication issues because I had been volunteering while the paperwork was being filled out and that I was sorry for any miscommunication on my part. Today the director emailed me back saying “Thank you for connecting the dots for me. I hope your time is going well.” Even had a smiley face with it. I was very relieved to find no one upset and the problem was easily fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment